One of my favorite go to recipes.
- 8 ounces Lemon Pappardelle package from Trader Joe's
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 1-2 tbsp salt; water should taste like sea water
- 1-2 tbsp shallot chopped
- 12 large prawns peeled and deveined
- 2 large roma tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp pesto, jarred from Trader Joe's
- 1 tsp sumac ground
- 3 large handfuls arugula
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup pasta water as needed to make pasta creamy
Place a large 4 quart pot filled with 3 quarts of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
Finely chop the shallot, dice the tomatoes, peel and devein the shrimp. Measure the Sumac into a tiny bowl. Dry the shrimp with paper towels.
Add the salt and pappardelle and set timer for 8 minutes.
Heat the 2 tbsp. olive oil until shimmery and add the shallots. Saute for about 30 seconds and add the shrimp. Sprinkle the shrimp with the Sumac evenly and salt and pepper to taste using the kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Saute until the shrimp is pink, 2 or 3 minutes, add the tomatoes and a little more salt and pepper. Mix around until tomatoes begin to wilt and turn off the burner and remove skillet from heat.
When the timer goes off drain the pasta into a colander and then put it back into the pasta pot. Mix in the 3 tablespoons of pesto and enough of the pasta water to make it loose and creamy.
Pour in the shrimp mixture and mix in well being careful not to break up the pasta too much. Mix in the arugula and cover with the lid. Let it sit for 4 minutes and serve.