I put this together for dinner tonight. It took about 40 minutes including cutting up the vegetables and makes about 6 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and diced
- 3 chicken sausage, your choice (I used Trader Joe's Chicken Jalapeno and Spicy Chicken Italian), slice into quarters lengthwise then into 1/2 inch dice.
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 5 cups baby spinach, washed and drained
- 1 large green onion, white part sliced lengthwise in half then thinly sliced across along with some of the green part.
- 1 small sprig fresh thyme, minced.
- 2 pkgs. Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat a large heavy stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the carrot and allow to lightly brown. Next add the sausage and heat through for about 5 min. Add broccoli and stir until bright green, cover and let cook over low heat for about 3 min.
Meanwhile, heat the Seeds of Change in the microwave according to instructions and add to the skillet once the broccoli has begun to soften. Stir until well mixed in and add the spinach. Mix it in the best you can and cover to let it wilt a bit, about 1 min. Remove the lid and stir until the spinach is completely wilted.
Sprinkle in the onions and the thyme, and season with salt and pepper.