Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Dinner at Thomas Hill Organics in Paso Robles

Last night Chris took me to dinner at Thomas Hill Organics in Paso Robles for a belated birthday dinner. It's our favorite restaurant. They grow all of their own produce organically and buy their meats and seafood locally. It's a little difficult to find the first time you go because it's down an alley but it's well worth it. They seem to be the exception that makes the rule when it comes to location being important.

Chef Julie is an artist and you'll never find the usual on her menu.

Last night Chris and I both chose the seared giant scallops with forbidden rice and fresh strawberries, macadamia nuts, liche nuts, kumquat and grilled bok choy, heaven. Each bite was an explosion of texture and flavor in the mouth. My husband and I shared the grilled romaine salad with feta and Spanish white anchovies, which was absolutely delicious. For desert we shared the Italian olive oil cake with blackberries.

My only regret is that I forgot to bring my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment